NOTE: On NNR Samantha Bunten of NBC Sports and I discussed the news of the day and Analysis of week 14 on fryingpansports.com/radio-show.
On NNR, I said several weeks ago that if I had the power, I would fire everyone in the building including the cleaning staff. Now that the “Cleveland Tans” are facing the possibility of 2 seasons with a single win and so many fans showing up dressed as empty seats, it is time to ask the hard questions.
- How do you get the most loyal and long-suffering fans in the league to buy season tickets for a team that has lost 31 games in 2 seasons?
- How do you bring back a head coach that has had so many brain cramps and has lost all but 1 game in two years?
- How can Dorsey keep the scouting staff that did not have the guts to take a QB when they were still on the board at the Browns pick?
- What makes us think that QB coach David Lee can develop a rookie QB when he has not done much to Kizer develop at all this year?
- How can Dorsey keep a Defensive staff that has 1 DB in the next county but gives up more long plays than any other NFL team this season?
- How can any fan accept a baseball guy as the Chief Strategy Officer?
No question that Dorsey faces a lot of very hard questions but replacing a lawyer with a real football guy is a great start.
That is what I think. Tell us what you think by commenting here or tweeting me @NNRonDSN.
NOTE: News, Notes and Rumors podcast are BACK. Check out our thoughts on Fridays about the games coming up and Monday on the results of the weekend. My co-host is Samantha Bunten of NBC Sports. Podcasts can be heard on https://fryingpansports.com/radio-show/. Thanks for your support.
Bill Smith is a former coach of several semi-pro teams, has officiated both football and basketball, done color on radio for college football and basketball and has scouted talent. He edits https://fryingpansports.com. He has also published several novels on https://www.ebooks-library.com/ and a non-fiction work at http://www.merriam-press.com/. Follow him on twitter @NNRonDSN to get the schedule of Special News, Notes and Rumors broadcasts. You can hear the previous shows on https://fryingpansports.com/radio-show/.
He also edits .
To keep up with the News, Notes & Rumors podcasts, follow me on twitter @NNRonDSN.
What should Browns GM John Dorsey tell ownership to do with Jackson? by Bill Smith