JT Tuimoloau, a junior high school student at Eastside Catholic in Sammamish, Washington state, and is the number one defensive tackle in his home state and is one of the top draft prospects in the class of 2021. He is listed as 6 feet 4 1/2 inches in height and weighs in at 277 pounds.
Teams Recruiting JT Tuimoloau
For college football, J.T. Tuimoloau has 24 offers to play in a number of high caliber schools. The invites are as near as his home state and from universities as far as the Southeastern United States. The schools are:
- the Ohio State University
- Arizona State
- Boise State
- Notre Dame
- Oregon State
- Penn State
- Texas A & M
J.T. Tuimoloau has given a warm reception to the invitations to play at Alabama, Ohio State, Stanford, USC, and Washington. But he has still one more year left in high school to decide.
Coaches in Pursuit
In the meantime, there are top notch coaches who are recruiting him personally, showing their interest in his services for the 2021 season:
- Jimmy Lake – Head Coach of the Washington Huskies, one of the teams J.T. Tuimoloau favors, is just starting his first year in this school. J.T. had visited the Seattle campus, and even though this school is in his home state, he might be jittery playing under the neophyte coach.
- Ryan Day – J.T. Tuimoloau is being recruited, in behalf of Head Coach Ryan Day, by Assistant Coach Larry Johnson to play for the Ohio State Buckeyes. Even though the Defensive Tackle position is already loaded in the team, J.T. is too good a prospect to not be sent an invitation. But his huge frame could augur well for the team’s other defense positions. Ohio State is the most favored team of J.T. Tuimoloau at the present due to its colorful history of Big Ten titles and journeys to the College Football Playoffs. J.T. might just be convinced to relocate from the northwest to the midwest.
- Clay Helton – Although USC is also on the preferred list of J.T. Tuimoloau, Head Coach Clay Helton should prove that the USC Trojans are of championship caliber before he decides in 2021. Helton’s coaching job is on the line right now, and the school’s recruiting woes are not making the future any brighter. Their commitments this year from quarterback Jake Garcia, outside linebacker Ma’a Gaoteote, and defensive tackle Jay Toia ranks them just 55th nationwide and tenth in the Pac-12.
- David Shaw – The Head Coach of the Stanford Cardinals is in a bind for the 2021 season when his team’s defensive line will be depleted and J.T. Tuimoloau will be a very welcome addition. His starting quarterback K.J. Costello transferred to Mississippi State on his last year of eligibility which gives Shaw a headache on how to improve on the team’s 21st place showing and third place in the Pac12. But the prospect of both a quality education and a football career at Stanford gave J.T. some serious thought to consider playing there.
- Nick Saban – The Head Coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, together with his top caliber coaching staff, and the superb facilities of the university, is leading the most excellent football program in the
country. Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian and defensive coordinator Pete Golding invited J.T. Tuimoloau to Alabama’s school camp in 2018 and J.T. was impressed. J.T. could pull off a lot of
playing time in his first three seasons if he decides to play for the school because the team is sorely lacking in juniors and seniors at the moment.
JT Tuimoloau still has one school year to decide on where his heart is for college football. But drifting news puts the money on Ohio State due to the lasting impression on J.T. that the school has a long history of Big Ten wins and colorful history in the College Playoffs.
July 2021 JT Tuimoloau Commits to Ohio State
On July 4th 2021, JT Tuimoloau made his college selection on the show CBSSports HQ picking the OSU Buckeyes over Oregon, Washington and USC. Tiumoloau waited paste all the official signing day periods for 2020 until he could visit the schools he was most interested in this past June. His signing only beefs up an already heavy defensive line class and 2nd best overall class in the country. Coach Larry Johnson was able to reel in the elusive prospect who follows wide receivers Gee Scott Jr and Emeka Egbuka from Washigton to Ohio.
Ohio States 2021 Class
The Washington state native would look good for the midwest Ohio State Buckeyes because he would be joining a head turning 2021 class consisting of USA No. 2 DE Jack Sawyer and No. 4 DT Mike Hall. Not only them, but already with the team are Taron Vincent, also a no. 1 tackle when he arrived in 2018, and J.T. Tuimoloau will be playing again with fellow Eastsider four star wide receiver Gee Scott Jr. who just joined the Buckeyes this year.JT Tuimoloau Eastside Catholic Sammamish Washington by Steven R