A great game of golf is always easier to appreciate and enjoy with full control over the swing and drive of the club, some would argue that it is actually better to not have control, just go with the flow but how, and where is that flow? to achieve fulfilment from a few fancy strokes. This is a quick guide to a super swing and a satisfying session of the sport, golf. One interesting yet highly undervalued recommendation is to remember that golf travel insurance saves money. Golf sets cost between seven thousand pounds for a limited edition iron set, to around fifty pounds to a basic starter range; with the insurance costing a lot less, it is common sense to ensure that the tools of the trade are protected.
Now the clubs are covered, what is the best way to make use of them?
Imitation is the key to a lot of achievements, including golf greatness. The best of the best have all imitated their role models to learn the keys of turning on a great game. Whether it be Tiger Woods, Greg Norman, or NickFaldo, they’ve all spent years of time studying others to manifest the technique behind a truly great swing.
Besides observing others, making the effort to check yourself (before you wreck yourself) is the most educational and useful of all. If possible, record going for the long drive with a mobile phone.
It goes without saying that practice makes perfection. Whether on the green, the rug, or in the bath: any type of physical and mental preparation will assist the posture and mentality of hitting the ball.
Be legit, and quit: only temporarily, until the head is back into the game. Frustration breeds disarray so pushing the putting will only prove an obstruction.
Be very careful about choosing role models. If the person copied is making a cock up of their course: that is what will be influenced. If an associate is a bad golfer, be selective about who the game is played with, or at least, what the attention is focused on. Married partners, or close friends have been known to unknowingly copy each other’s style. Choosing to isolate from bad influence is especially important for attitude, which is the key to any sport or endeavour.
The fool looks cool on the green, and the designer sunglasses may even provide the service of solar protection but they tend to distort the accuracy of distance; on the course the sunglasses stay in the case, for golfers who care more about their craft than looking daft.
A little golf course courtesy goes a long way, and as much as an individual has grown in excitement for the game, or an obvious basic action would improve another golfer’s technical ability, or it might even seem like the opportune time for a colleague counselling caveat: bottom line is don’t offer advice unless it is asked, or even more plainly: live and let live. A common, yet often broken general recommendation of golf is to leave out any voluntary verification’s or recommendations, unless your valued opinion is asked. This type of easy aid is occasionally deemed as impolite and arrogance.
The Swinging Six
Of all the instructions in the universe regarding golf the holy six will free anyone to reign in redemption. These super six will be focused deeper in the next article but for now they will get a small mention:
1) Mind the Mental: The mental is life: what focused on becomes reality, so when it comes to golf, the right attitude will create fortitude.
2) Position the Posture: The body affects the whole physiology: besides supporting the muscles that are most effective for movement, the mind responds with the body according to how much ease or tension it manages – all of this synchronises to a successful swing.
3) Pivot for Punch: the swing is formed from a connection of elements including arms, legs, and a torso: the synergy of these elements determines the final outcome.
4) At Arms: What are the arms doing? Pre, during, and post swing all influence the synchronisation that leads up to the put.
5) Get to Grips with it: How the tool is held determines how the tool can be used. Although they are both used in sport to propel balls into holes, holding a snooker cue is very different from griping a golf club.
6) Arrangement: The open green, the golfer, the golf club, the ball, and the tee: what, where, and how all have an influence on the result.
Game for Living
This should have at least provided some basic ideas to get started on the golf course. The sport is so much more than just hitting balls into a long distance hole, the sheer growth that goes into creating a great golfer is influenced in general by past actions, as well as inspiring in general for future actions.
To take time to learn this game of golf, which some have termed as a ‘game of life’.
For info improving the great game of golf see the other articles within this site. Club Direct is recommended to contact for insurance on your golf trips.